MetaVR Return Policy and Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Procedures
MetaVR return policy and RMA procedure for damaged dongles
MetaVR will replace a damaged dongle if you return, at a minimum, the electronic circuitry to MetaVR along with a MetaVR-allocated Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. MetaVR will not replace a dongle for which you only return the plastic housing or metallic connector without the corresponding electronic circuitry.
Damaged dongles must be photographed or scanned and the images must be emailed to MetaVR before an RMA will be issued. Include in the photo or scan the lot sticker located on the outside of the dongle.
In addition to the lot sticker, MetaVR may need the ID number of the dongle. The dongle ID is a string of 6 to 10 numbers in the format xxxxx-xxxxx.
Note: Your IT department may track the dongle ID number.
Contact email@example.com to obtain an RMA number.
Return a damaged dongle shipped via a return receipt mechanism such as the US Postal Service delivery confirmation with signature or certified mail return receipt.
MetaVR charges a nominal shipping/handling fee for replacing a damaged dongle.
MetaVR return policy and RMA procedure for hardware systems
If you have a hardware problem and cannot diagnose it, please contact hardware technical support at BostonTech Partners, the production facility where our hardware systems are built to order. All technical support issues should be directed to BostonTech Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-899-7808. Please describe the problem in detail in email so a member of the technical support group can determine the best course of action.
If you are obtaining a system upgrade, please contact BostonTech Partners at email@example.com or 781-899-7808.
To return hardware for repair:
1) You must first obtain an RMA number by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the problem description.
2) Once you have obtained an RMA number, you must email the FedEx shipping number to both BostonTech Partners, (email@example.com), and MetaVR (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please place the RMA number in the subject line. If the tracking information is not sent, this will significantly delay when the units are received and available for repair or upgrade. Your RMA e-mail must contain the following information:
3) Your system should be shipped to the following address:
We only accept Federal Express shipments insured for full value. The Buyer ships the system to our production facility at his/her own cost. The Seller pays for return shipments via UPS Ground Service or FedEx Express Saver.
4) Place the RMA number on the outside of the box and include the full description of step 2) listed above as a printout on the inside of the box.
5) If possible, use the FedEx website service or option that enables you to specify that the recipient should receive email when the system is shipped and when the system arrives and is signed for at the destination.
6) All CDs and manuals for all hardware drivers and software applications are required to be with the returned system. Please describe the final configuration of the system, as it should appear. Note, without the return of Microsoft Operating System CDs no replacement of the Windows software can be made.
7) All systems must be sent double-boxed with at least 10 inches of padding separating the inner and outer boxes. A plastic ruggedized shipping container is recommended. We are not responsible for physical damage that may result from The Buyer not taking proper precautions in packaging the return unit. All shipments must be double boxed or in a ruggedized shipping container. A packing slip must be provided with the shipment.
8) If you are returning a system for a system upgrade, you must complete the Quote Response form.
To be eligible for return, hardware items must not exhibit physical damage. For example, if you attempt to take a SpaceMouse Pro device apart to repair it, your action voids the warranty on the device.
This policy page was last updated on July 14, 2016. All policies on this page are subject to change without notice.