MetaVR Product Pricing and Upgrades
Summary of MetaVR's product pricing
- MetaVR is the sole source manufacturer and provider of all
- MetaVR does not make its software available through
commercial resellers. In certain circumstances, the transfer of a
software license for a MetaVR product can be made, in accordance with
license agreement. Systems integrators can contact MetaVR at email@example.com
for additional information.
- MetaVR offers volume pricing for the purchase of new VRSG licenses in quantities of five or more licenses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for a quotation.
- MetaVR includes the first one-year period of maintenance
and technical support with the purchase of a software license
or software maintenance renewal. The active maintenance period begins upon your receipt of the permanent unlock code for a one year period of maintenance and technical support, but no later than twenty-four months from the date of purchase of the VRSG license. Additional one-year software maintenance periods may be purchased in advance, as described below.
- MetaVR provides hardware components (such as 3D accelerators, controllers, and terrain hard drives) for the convenience of its software customers. A hardware component is sold only in conjunction with the purchase of a MetaVR software product.
Best pricing policy
- MetaVR publishes its commercial software prices publicly on its website order form.
- MetaVR maintains a "Best Pricing" policy by offering the same price for a VRSG software license to all customers: US Government, commercial, and international.
Additional features and additional materials
- In certain cases, MetaVR develops additional
features in its software products to meet customer requirements
at no additional cost. (MetaVR determines the priority of feature development of its software and maintains all copyright and rights of intellectual property.)
- MetaVR provides several non-classified terrain databases for official use only (FOUO) within the United States with the purchase of certain
software products at no additional cost. (See product descriptions
for details.) The use of these terrain databases requires the latest version of VRSG and may require active software maintenance of the VRSG license.
- In certain cases, MetaVR provides additional materials, such as software libraries and databases, including, without limitation, the MDS Read API and hardware components to customers on active maintenance.
Software maintenance and product upgrades
You may purchase software maintenance for the current version of any software product for a minimum one-year period at any time.
This includes upgrading software to the current version of VRSG or Terrain
Tools if you have previously purchased a prior version of the same
- Obtaining software maintenance requires the purchase of 1) Any expired time period pro-rated in monthly increments from the last date of active maintenance, and 2) The current one-year period of maintenance and technical support. Please contact email@example.com for a quotation.
- Upgrading to the current version of a software product requires use of the USB security dongle or software license server file that was previously furnished with the software. Once you have upgraded your software product to a new version, the dongle may no longer enable previous versions of the software.
- Upgrading to the current version of VRSG from either
version 4 or version 3 is not covered by the license
agreement, as those license agreements
applied to those versions only. You must purchase a new VRSG software license to obtain the current version (version 6.3).
- Activation of expired software maintenance may be subject to a purchase of a reactivation charge of $125 per month per license pro-rated for the expired time period (starting from the last date of active maintenance). See the quotation issued by MetaVR and MetaVR's end-user
license agreement for details.
For information about software maintenance benefits, see MetaVR's
MetaVR does not replace lost product dongles. If you lose a MetaVR product dongle, you will need to purchase a replacement software product license in order to continue to use the product. The replacement software license would be distributed with a new dongle.
As MetaVR periodically updates the components offered in our complete
systems to make available the best of current hardware technology,
we also update this web site with new specifications and the associated
price changes. With any of our complete system specifications, we can
offer a custom quotation to meet your needs. In most cases, we offer
custom quotes that match system performance with budgetary requirements.
If you have any questions about our specifications, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy page was last updated on May 1, 2018. All policies on this page are subject to change without notice.