We are always on the lookout for highly skilled and motivated individuals who seek a challenging career opportunity and can contribute to both MetaVR's success and their success.
MetaVR offers a unique work environment. Our company is a small, dedicated team, comprised mainly of engineers, focused on delivering the best products in our industry. Our core staff brings experience from the simulation and training industry and the game industry; it is this collective knowledge base that we consider our greatest commodity. We work in a geographically distributed environment in the US; all staff members work remotely from home offices.
MetaVR monitors its growth such that we can maintain a unique environment of freedom, technology, ethics, and profitability that meets our customers' needs and contributes to the professional growth of our staff. In addition to our flexible working environment, we offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
If you think you would like to work at MetaVR, submit your resumé via email as a PDF attachment or as an ASCII-formatted resumé directly in the message to jobs (at) metavr.com. No initial phone inquires will be accepted. Following your submission, if we determine that you might be a potential candidate for an open position, a MetaVR staff member will contact you to conduct an initial phone interview.
POSTED AUGUST 13, 2018
MetaVR is looking for a motivated, experienced marketing professional to join our company in the role of a Marketing Communications Specialist. This full-time position is a great opportunity to work within a flexible virtual environment as part of a small software company that is customer-focused and values high quality work. The Marketing Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing MetaVR’s marketing strategy. The position will report to the president of MetaVR.
- Build and implement an effective marketing strategy to meet business objectives and measure the results.
- Design/write/produce/deploy marketing collateral including brochures and datasheets, social media content, email newsletter and email blasts, news releases, digital and print advertising content.
- Graphic design work for online and print advertisements, or work with an outside graphic designer.
- Write/produce website content.
- Interview customers for website case studies, newsletter articles.
- Work with third-party vendors to produce printed collateral and promotional videos.
- Help with trade show planning, logistics, and execution.
- Occasional travel.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and driven with desire to have a significant impact on the business.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and capable of managing deliverables and deadlines simultaneously.
- Possesses a strong sense of personal responsibility/accountability and dedication to manage one’s work in a home office with limited supervision
- Creative problem solver with an ability to thrive in fast-pace environment.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by technology-focused concepts and translating them into value propositions.
- Ability to work within marketing platforms, web content management systems (Drupal, WordPress, etc.), and social media platforms.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows operating system, MS Office apps, and Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Basic video editing skills for collaborating on short videos.
- Prior experience (3-5 years) in a technical environment developing marketing content for various marketing channels, including collateral, web content, email campaigns, advertising, and social media.
- Experience collaborating with remote team members.
Experience with producing website content with SEO optimization.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with communications and marketing tools, technology and platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
MetaVR will provide technical infrastructure for the home office, including
a Windows PC with large monitor, all needed software tools, and reimbursement of normal business expenses such as high-speed Internet connectivity and travel.
- Applicant must be a US citizen.
- Applicant must located within a half-day travel distance from Boston, MA.
- Cold calls to the company phone number will disqualify the applicant.
- Third parties are not accepted.
- Because our target market is primarily the US military market, the applicant will be expected to
provide personal details as part of a standard background check.
- Submit your PDF or ASCII-formatted resumé in an email message to jobs (at) metavr.com.